You’ve gotten the keratin straightening treatment and the smooth straight hair you’ve always wanted. Now what?
Let us give you some tips on how to care for your keratin straightened hair.
1. Avoid getting your hair wet for three days after the treatment. This means no washing, swimming and sweating as well as staying out of the rain. Water and moisture can wash away some of the keratin treatment, leaving marks in the hair.
2. Leave your hair down and straight for the first few days after your treatment. The keratin is still malleable, so if you put your hair in a ponytail or use a hair clip, it can leave dents in the hair. If you want to tie your hair up, wait until the keratin has been on the hair for at least three days, and then use a soft hair tie for short periods of time.
3. Use a shampoo and conditioning set that is sodium lauryl sulfate or sodium laureth sulfate-free. SLS shampoos can remove the protein and your treatment will not last as long.
4. Sleep on a silk pillow at night. Traditional cotton pillowcases can create friction in the hair, rendering your treatment frizzy and short-lived. Silk creates very little friction, which means a longer-lasting keratin straightening treatment.
5. Blow-dry your hair after washing, and run a flat iron over the hair to manipulate your strands into the right style. You don’t need root-lifting sprays, mousse, hair spray or gels to style your hair after a keratin treatment. The weight of the protein will hold your hair in the style you want without the need for products.
Source: Kay Ireland, www.livestrong.com
Call Us On 02 4961 2822